Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What We've Forgotten

I think we've forgotten.

I think we've forgotten who we are.

I think we've forgotten our responsibilities.

I think we've forgotten that we are the representatives of God on this earth...
2 Cor. 5:20a - Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ..."

I think we've forgotten that if we love God, we're supposed to keep His commandments...instead we joke about how we aren't following them.
John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments.

I think we've forgotten that the law defines sin..."we're not under the law" but we will be judged by it.
1 John 3:4b - ...sin is the transgression of the law.

I think we've forgotten what the rules are...because we don't actually study them.
2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I think we've forgotten that Jesus is our King, not our buddy...but that wouldn't be "Relevant."
Revelation 19:16 - And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

I think we've forgotten that we are subject to our King...not the other way around.
James 4:7a - Submit yourselves therefore to God.

I think we've forgotten that our King's kingdom is not this earth...it's heaven.
John 18:36a - Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world...

I think we've forgotten that our battle is with the powers of darkness and not with flesh and blood...
Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I think we've forgotten that Jesus came to save the lost, not the righteous...but we'll kill the lost in order to be good stewards of the land that God gave to us "righteous" people and to protect other "righteous" people from going to the heaven that we're supposed to want more than earth anyway.  "Preventative maintenance."
Mark 2:17b - I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I think we've forgotten to pray for our enemies...for their LIVES, not their death.
Acts 7:60a - And he [Stephen] kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge.

I think we've forgotten that God commanded us to be subject our leaders...not ridicule them and call for their impeachment.
Romans 13:1 - Let every person be subject to the governing authorities.  For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

I think we've forgotten that our leaders are ordained by God...even David didn't dare harm Saul for this reason, though he knew the kingdom was his for the taking.  The disrespect of cutting Saul's clothes was even shameful to him.
1 Samuel 24:5-6 - And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.  And he said unto his men, The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord's anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the Lord.

I think we've forgotten what "neighbor" means...we aren't to expect them, we're to be them.
Luke 10:36-37a - Which of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbor unto him that fell among the theives?  And he said, He that showed mercy on him.

I think we've forgotten that we are supposed to care for the poor and the widows...but forgive me - Matt. 5:42 "Give to the one who begs from you and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you" except for the ones that you can't tell, but they maybe just want drug money or are just telling a fake sob story.  Judge those ones instead.
Ezekiel 22:29 - Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

I think we've forgotten the price of salvation...that our King had to die.
Matthew 27:50 - Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

I think we've forgotten that we will all die one day...
Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this, the judgement.

I think we've forgotten that there are consequences for sin...
Romans 6:23a - For the wages of sin is death... 

Or maybe we haven't forgotten.  Perhaps it is willful ignoring of what we already know.  Perhaps we are looking at our own desires and saying "later."  Perhaps we are intentionally delaying, pleading with God to give us our own way.  Perhaps we don't care enough because we don't comprehend the severe repercussions of disobedience.

But we need to remember.  Remember, that we may live when we are called to be accountable for the things we have done on this earth.  Sin is sin, right is right.  We cannot mix it together and play that Jesus will accept our stained offering to him simply because "He loves us".  God is love.  But even so he is just.  And if we truly love him, then we will, as his words say, keep his commandments (John 14:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter witty comment here...